Friday, December 8, 2006

My Bruh-der


This is my brother. His name is Jaden.





He's eight years old, but he cannot talk. He is also different from the
other children. Oblivious to the world and keeps to himself.









That's because he is born with Autism disorder.
.
.
.
.
If you're wondering what the hell that A word is...
Then my hidden mission is accomplished.
An Autistic Child's Prayer : Before I go to Sleep

Mommy, don't you cry now and Daddy don't you weep

I want to whisper something before I go to sleep

I know that when I came here I looked perfect in every way

And you were so proud, Daddy; when you held me on that day

And Mommy, when you kissed me and wrapped me up so tight, I knew that I belonged here and everything was right

But then I stopped talking and began to slip away, I saw your worried faces as you knelt by me to pray

And Daddy, I always notice how you wipe away a tear, When you watch the other children as they run and laugh and cheer

I may not be able to tell you how much I love you so, Or even show you how I feel and what I really know

But when you hold me, Mommy, at night when all is still, I feel the love you have for me and I know that all is well

And Daddy, when you take me to the park to run and play I know that you still love me though the words I cannot say

I want to tell you something before I go to sleep. I may be sort of direct and you may not understand, I know that I am not that little child that you and Daddy planned

But I love you both so very much and I know you love me too, And if I could only speak my heart, you would feel my love for you

I know the future is unknown... and you will always have to be the ones who love and listen and take good care of me

I know that you are frightened and you shed so many tears, And if I could I'd wipe them dry and take away your fears. So Mommy, don't you cry now and Daddy please don't weep

I want to say…I love you both, before I go to sleep.






























































































































































































































3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Omg. I loved the pics, ur bro looks so cute. growing up into the handsomest dude man. and that prayer... :`). If he could talk wong. I'm sure he'll tell you you're the best sister in the whole world. *huggsss

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chris said...

wow. that was a really touching thing to say... my brother's dyslexic and has A.D.D. and i always lose my patience with him. after reading your post, somehow it reminded me how much i loved my brother too...

i don't think anyone could as for a better big sister =]